Saturday, February 26, 2011

What a day!!! It was snowing today and we were outside most of the day. Randy and I came very prepared with all our snow gear so we stayed warm and toasty. Everyone keeps making fun of us how bundled up we are. I told Randy today the next person that makes fun of me I'm going to reply "This IS the Rockies" like in Dumb and Dumber.

Today we learned the third and final backing maneuver. Parallel parking. To me this was like birthing a baby, wondering how is this big head going to get out of this small hole. Sorry to be so graphic, but that was exactly what went through my mind. Here we have a 73 foot semi that has to fit in a 88 foot hole by parallel parking. You might be saying "Oh piece of cake". Haw!!! It brought me to tears. I was ready to quit. I had every know-it-all, red neck guy in the place telling me a different way to accomplish it that was "The right way". I finally chilled, and sat it out for a bit, and blubbered, then waited for Randy to pass off all his backing skills with flying colors, then he helped me. Well it worked. After most of the other people went to dinner Randy and I had a truck to ourselves and he talked me through it a time or two then I could do it good enough to feel like I can pass it off tomorrow. The written test and the backing skills are what has had me worried even before we started school. I passed the written test and feel really confident about the backing skills now. WHEW

2 comments:

Matt and Shari Bailey said...

That just sounds like a draining day both physically and emotionally. Great job guys!! Dad I knew you could do it and mom you always impress me with your skills to do things other moms would never dedicate enough emotion to do. Great work! We love you and love hearing about your new adventure.

-matt and shari

Frieda Loves Bread said...

Awesome! Yes, it is the ROCKIES! Driving a big car/truck is easy. It's the parking and backing up that is hard, although I've never seen a 747 back up, have you? :D