Thursday, March 3, 2011

I'm alive!!! I got so sick. Most of the class and teachers are sick also. Standing out in the wind last Friday did some major damage to the class. Some were so sick they had to go home others were quarantined. If you miss one day they put you on what is call a "hold over", which means you will have to stay 1 more week to finish class. That in itself is enough to get you there even if you are on your death bed.
We have been out on the road around town all week. We learned shifting one day, turns the next, then city driving and mountains and freeway. Tomorrow we do our driving test. We have four students in our truck with the teacher. We take turns driving. I'm having the most difficult time with the shifting. It's different than what you are use to if you have driven a standard before. You clutch in to come out of gear into neutral, then from neutral the clutch is out and you rub the next gear and press gently on the gas peddle and it slips into gear. You can't shift on a turn or over a railroad track. That is a big NO NO on the driving test. If you run over the curb with the trailer wheels auto FAIL.
My brain is fried. I've lost 6 lbs since we started (which is a good thing). I just want to be done. On the first day I wanted to be up early so I would have plenty of time to be all cute and dressed nice. Second day pretty much the same. Third day same. Fourth day starting to take short cuts but still looking good. Fifth day just dress for warm who cares. Sixth day and on... get up as late as possible stuff the hair under a ski cap no make up and understand why all the girls get to that point.
"If", I mean "when", its all over tomorrow and I have passed all the testing I will be so glad we did this. It has not been easy. I couldn't have done this by myself nor would I want to. I'm so glad we are doing this together.
I will see if I can get Randy to write a post so you can get his perspective.

No comments: